Shasta

Shasta

Monday, November 12, 2012

more details


Yeah! Vacation time. 
It's really a 'staycation' because I'm not going anywhere, I just have time to use or I lose it.
I picked up the sink from Gigi's the other day..but when I got it home, it had some pretty bad flaws.
I should have unwrapped it to check before I left.

 There is a rather nasty stripe where the porcelain is too thin. I called Gigi - and she was so apologetic, she hadn't unwrapped it either, so she felt awful. She said bring it back and they would re-do it.
Before I did, Dave was able to cut the new countertop and get the sink dry fitted.

I went with a simple faucet with a sprayer, trying to keep the retro look as much as possible
 
 
I still need to find a laminate for the counter top and the table. I would LOVE this if it was still made.

~
All the laminates in retro patterns that are available these days are too loud or too dark.
This is available, but I can't get the retro stuff above??? WTF!
The good news is I
 found a guy on Facebook that does the quilted stainless steel backsplashes for a great price,
 so that will get ordered soon.
It's only money, right? 
I ordered a Shasta sticker
  from HERE
in a metallic grey. It goes above the big front window.
Mike says it will be in the mail tomorrow. 
~
 
In the 'SCORE!' dept..I saw this cute sign on Pinterest and thought it would be adorable for Ellie Mae's kitchen. 
I was in BigLots the other day, 
and what did I see on clearance? 

Only $7.50!
 I almost did the happy dance right on the spot!
It's the perfect size and everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment