Shasta

Shasta

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pinning....


Time to tackle the awning.

I screwed up and got fabric with the stripes running the WIDTH 
of the fabric, not the 
LENGTH.
(sigh)
I am not a seamstress.
I know nothing about sewing.
guess that is pretty obvious

But, it ain't gonna sew itself
so I may as well give it a try!



Not the kind of pinning I usually do...

bigger than my kitchen

MAN that is a LOT of fabric! 

Thank God for the 
Vintage Trailer Talk Forum and the helpful folks who give so much advice.
Love you guys!

I will scallop the edges for an old fashioned look and if I can find fringe down the line I'll add it.



Pom-poms are super cute, 

but since it is such a girly color 
already, that might be over doing it..lol.

I can see Dave rolling his eyes now!

2 comments:

  1. It's going to look so FABBY when you are done!

    I feel a trip coming on to downtown L.A Fabric District - that is the best place to get a lot of fringe for way less! The pom-pom is cute, but may not hold up to rain so well.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I like going to the flower mart too, which is close to the fabric area..we should go! :)

    ReplyDelete