Shasta

Shasta

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

dreaming...


Here is an example of some of the shots from the photoshoot Ellie Mae had.
aren't they pretty? 

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the more mundane department...I'm still trying to find a countertop that I like...why is it so hard

A guy at a swap meet told me that here in the state of California they have outlawed the glues, so the new laminate counter tops are crappy to begin with.


I got a sample of this pattern ...but I think it has more of a 70's vibe..so nope, that won't work.

Hmmm..I may have to hunt in Arizona, since I go there often.
Maybe some old store has a secret stash of vintage formica.


(well, a girl can dream, right?)

and..in the flooring department,
nothing happening there either. 
I saw this trailer for sale on Ebay..and look at that floor! 
click to enlarge
 If that's original, it's in amazing shape!
I really want to find this exact style...the colors are perfect.



This is also cute..but maybe too busy?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda,,,, thanx for popping in on my blog (graciesvictorianrose)...
    I luv the retro Boomerang Formica,,, but darn it's expensive as all get out!
    As for my table in my Serro Scotty...(Gnome Home) I took my table, put 2 coats of 'Ocean Blue" (color) gloss paint down,,, then allowed it to cure for a couple days. I then photo copies trailer photos from the internet,,, and used 'Mod Podge' to decopaupge them on. again, allowed a couple of days to completely dry...and then I sprayed on 2 coats of clear verathane gloss tossed some gold glitter all around...and let it dry. Then I used a rag to wipe off any glitter that did not stick down well. After that I put 2 more coats of spray on gloss... easy peasy. Hope that helps you... you could do a mini trial run on scrap wood and experiment with the amount of glitter that makes your heart skip a beat! lol!

    ReplyDelete